About Reverend Patty Spicer
I am a Stanford University graduate, an ordained Religious Science minister / counselor, a former California elementary school teacher and an Art Museum Curator of Education. I do pre-marital, couples and individual counseling, and facilitate ”Self-esteem/Self-image” and Life-Management seminars throughout California. I am a community volunteer. I often act as a “Mission Assistant” for my husband who volunteers to fly Angel Flight Medical Missions and more in the Greater Palm Springs area and Southern California.
I am married with two children, five grandchildren, and two small rescue dogs. My family and I have lived in the beautiful Palm Springs area for over thirty years. I am very familiar with wedding locations, venders, and the ambiance of majestic mountains, azure blue skies, sun-kissed days and the amenities of a destination resort. I have performed hundreds of weddings in all kinds of settings ranging from homes to hotels, parks, forests, meadows, golf courses, restaurants, hospitals, country clubs, churches, and more. In my professional life I have been committed to the joy of inspiring, mentoring, and empowering children and adults to reach their highest potential—to become the best that they can be. Now, I find my calling is in nurturing relationships. I have become really good friends with many of the wedding couples and they return to seek my ministerial services for counseling, vow renewals, baby blessings, and memorials in their families.
I am recognized for my professional excellence, warmth, sense of humor, and exquisite and memorable ceremonies. I offer exceptional personal service and attention to detail. Couples sense my enthusiasm and joy in planning the possibilities for their dream wedding. They seem to relate well to my personality. As I bring my skills of listening and compassion for each couple’s special preferences, beliefs, customs and style, we form a connection of trust and comfortable intimacy with each other. I stress that the ceremony and the day belong to the couple–not to parents, friends, or the officiant. I am able to use my background as a conference and event planner, administrator, art educator, muralist, floral designer and certified flower show judge to enhance your ceremony. Also, as an award-winning motivational speaker and writer, I bring my gifts of connecting with an audience to your guests and it makes it a fun and relaxed experience.
- My focus is entirely on you, your unconditional life-commitment of love, and your special day.
- My goal is to create a perfect and exquisite wedding that exceeds your expectations, and makes your Wedding Day as you always dreamed it would be–magical, fun, romantic, sacred and extraordinary.
- My passion is to provide you with an exceptional wedding experience that you will recall as “absolutely perfect” and will remember and cherish it forever.
- I am enthusiastic about creating unique, personalized ceremonies that tell your love story.
- I am dedicated to design a romantic ceremony that is personal, beautiful, memorable and affordable.
- My calm professionalism and impeccable attention to detail provides you with peace of mind and a stress-free process.
- I am readily accessible to answer questions, guide and support you completely, 8:00 AM through 9:00 PM (PST).
- I am available to perform weddings seven days a week.
- I am committed to connect and really get to know you through communication, collaboration, confidentiality and trust.
- My expertise takes the ceremony from the ordinary to the extraordinary and changes lives.
- My spontaneous sense of humor puts everyone at ease.
- I offer an exceptional, custom, personalized ceremony that is creative, flexible, and responsive to your desires (beliefs, values, traditions) for your dream wedding.
- I offer pre-marital counseling for a strong foundation for a good marriage. (Optional)
- I can suggest extra ceremony features, special touches, readings, and vows to help make your wedding unique.
- I am skilled at including children (even pets) as participants in the vows and ceremony.
- I can suggest professional vendors that I am confident will make your wedding planning a joyous experience. I can help you with this planning and these contacts.
- I schedule only one wedding per day, arrive early, and stay as long as you desire.
- I will present you with a special Wedding Package: a ribbon-tied ivory pochette containing a copy of your entire ceremony to enjoy later, a beautiful commemorative Certificate of Marriage (suitable for framing), and a copy of the signed and witnessed License & Certificate of Marriage.
- I am committed to creating exceptional vow renewals and commitment ceremonies and other life celebrations.
- 2011 WOMAN OF THE YEAR – California State Assembly 64th District. Rev. Patty honored in a special Assembly ceremony in the State Capitol for her “outstanding contributions and dedication to the community through her ministry and philanthropic accomplishments.”
- 2011 ATHENA COMMUNITY SERVICE AWARD (International) – Rev. Patty selected for professional excellence, community service, and for actively and generously assisting women in reaching their leadership potential.
Tell me about your wedding plans and what you would like for your wedding ceremony. Fill in my online inquiry form and I’ll follow-up with you promptly. With your inquiry, I also will send you a free Wedding Timetable Planner (one of the best I’ve seen!) if you’d like one. Be sure to check that option when you make your inquiry.